Truth is I’m doing more theater than writing these days. And that’s okay.
When I grow up I want to be a writer and an actor.
And an artist.
And a pirate. Well, just for today.
I’ve still got some writing projects going on. I’ve still got this blog. But the novel sits silently on the shelf.
NaNoWriMo is just around the corner. But I’m not even kidding myself into trying that this year.
No plot. No idea. No time. That pretty much sums it up.
Still there are things I can, and should be doing, to advance this writing career…or thing…it’s not quite a career (yet). Among them…
- Line up some more endorsements for my blog. I’ve got three very nice ones. I need to see if I can find a few more.
- Spend more time on LinkedIn and Google+. Make them work.
- Write about some of your Facebook dramas. I’ll change the names. Maybe.
- Read more.
- Read more about writing.
- Follow and read more writing blogs.
- Pitch some story ideas to magazines.
- Organize my writing files. I’ve got copies of things I wrote in high school and college. Some of them are even worth reading.
- Brainstorm ideas for blog posts or articles.
That’s a start. If I can take on this list, or part of it, every day I’ll make progress.
Just as soon as I finish learning my lines.