Even though I’ve followed politics since elementary school and even though I’m a sometimes political writer, I just can’t bring myself to watch the President speak tonight.
I’ve always believed, and have tried to teach my children to believe, that regardless of who the President is and whether or not you agree with him, you still respect the office and the process.
But when the current occupant no longer respects or abides by the Constitution that puts him in office, I just don’t see the need to pretend any longer.
Here are the top ten reasons I’m not watching tonight.
10. The color on our television hasn’t been right since the last one when we tried to de-orange John Boehner’s face.
9. I’ll be working my third (or fourth) job to pay for Obama’s tax increases and Obamacare.
8. Somebody has to watch the paint dry.
7. I’ve already seen this movie. And I didn’t like it the first time.
6. At least until his next executive order, he can’t make me watch.
5. Ishtar is on cable.
4. If I want to be lied to, I’ll call up Comcast and ask them to tell me how great they are.
3. This is not the change I was looking for.
2. I used up my month’s allotment of swear words installing Microsoft Office on my son’s laptop over the weekend.
1. I may be a southern writer, but even I can’t drink that much.